Current Version : 22.214.171.124
I am continually adding features to fullfill my idea
for an extension editor. Although nobody reported any
malfunctions, I take no responsibilty for any damages
this software causes to your computer.
No installation required, just unzip to a directory and
run gfte. Uninstall, just delete the gfte directory.
Portable? Should be.
Windows Vista and WIndows 7 do not provide an easy way
to change file associations so I created
GFTE. GFTE will work with Windows 2000 and
Gunners File Type Editor allows you to you to
create/modify various properties for file extensions.
Each user can have different properties for a file
extension. For example, the default program to open
.txt files when you double click on a file with the
.txt extension is Notepad. GFTE allows you to change
Admin Mode allows you to change properties for
extesnions system wide, you can set Notepad++ to open
all txt files for all users, until the user changes
Gunners File Type Editor allows you to:
- Create new extension
- Delete extension
- Change icon for extension
- Change description
- Change perceived type
- Change MIME content type
- Change default program used to open extension
- Edit command line args to pass to program to open
- Compares extensions - Shows what extensions were
added or deleted (good to see what an install adds or
- Shows user modified and user created extensions
- Search for an extension
- Modify Open With program list that explorer uses
- Edit DDE info for extension
- Modify EditFlags for extension
- Admin mode allows you to do all of the above but
Use the links on the right, to get more info.
Gunners File Type Editor
All my software is free, but if you like it please
consider making a donation.